Lieu : 9 rue de Verdun 94250 Gentilly · Contrat : Stage · Rémunération : selon profil €
The IBM France Lab: with more than 500 developers and 200 consulting experts in support and software services, France Lab is the 3rd software laboratory outside the US. It is a notable pool of skills that boosts innovation in France.
What is Extreme Blue?
There are summer internships, and then there’s Extreme Blue. Think of it as the opportunity to run your own business, but with the support, expertise and backing of one of the world’s leading technology companies. Extreme Blue at IBM isn’t your average summer internship. It’s 12 weeks of intense creative thinking.
The IBM France Lab is recruiting 6 to 9 computer engineering students (Master I or 2nd year engineering school) interested in deepening and leveraging their knowledge of AI, machine learning, inference systems or mainframe, and 2 or 3 business school students interested in offering management for innovative technology projects. The interns will work over the summer in a team of 4, developing a prototype, studying its market positioning and presenting it at a European event gathering IBM teams and interns from across Europe, at the beginning of September. To apply, send your resume and your cover letter at email@example.com with the reference: R&D-ST-Extreme Blue.
The projects for 2019
I Behavioral rule sets for emotional robots
The project aims at prototyping an application for a behavior server that controls a set of home robots (Vector). Leveraging our IBM Operational Decision Management product for the implementation, you will work with our partner to design the target application in the entertainment sector, and model it in a rule-based language that provides a high degree of flexibility to control the robots. The project has the opportunity to be showcased at numerous high-profile events with customers.
II Developer community tools for mainframe OS
The goal is to leverage mainframe tools and technologies (Z/OS) and provide a platform of examples and patterns to teach and engage mainframe developers. In close collaboration with the development and product offering teams, you will repackage the tools, and design an attractive platform to foster community building around this technology at the heart of the finance industry worldwide.
III Project in machine-learning, involving dynamic pricing analysis and Watson Studio deployment.
Working in a small team of students, you’ll tackle a real business problem. Your task? Develop an idea to solve it – one that no one else has thought of – and then, turn that idea into a real product. When the 12 weeks are up, you’ll showcase it to our executives, business partners and clients. Expectations will be high and the results will be scrutinized closely. So, it’s not an easy ride – but we guarantee it’ll be an incredible experience.
• Develop a technology and business plan to bring a new product to life in just 12 weeks.
• Have the product you developed potentially used by millions of people around the world (and even be front page news).
• Have the freedom to work on a project with no constraints – we want you to be creative, push yourself and your team to come up with new ideas
• Get real life client facing experience – by presenting your ideas and concepts to IBM’s clients, business partners and often the press
• A unique opportunity to develop not only your business and technical skills but also skills such as teamwork, project management, presentation skills
• Grow your network by building relationships with influential people
• Learn from and work with some of the most creative technical and business minds in the world.
• Have access to technology and thinking that’s beyond cutting-edge.
• Pick up a huge range of skills and get unique, real world experience on your CV
• Make great friends – and work with them in some really cool surroundings.
What opportunities do we offer?
You’ll work in a team with 4 other students - one business student and three technical students. In these teams your challenge will be to develop the technology and business plan that will bring a new product to life for IBM.
Business roles: You’ll be the one managing the project, keeping the team on schedule and meeting targets and objectives. That’ll involve dealing directly with clients, determining the features your solution will need and putting together a watertight business case.
Business roles are suited to:
• People studying a business type degree.
• Natural born leaders and expert planners.
What do we look for? You need to be studying for a business-related degree and to have excellent leadership, communication, planning and teamwork skills. Perfect oral and written English communication is also a must-have.
Technology roles: You’ll be part of the team that designs, architects, develops and tests an innovative new product for your client. You’ll work with some true technological geniuses here, too – which will give you the chance to expand your own skills.
Technology roles are suited to:
• People studying a technical/scientific/numerical degree, with an aptitude for programming.
• True problem solvers – those who can analyze tricky issues and work in teams to solve them.
Look forward to a bright future
The benefits of Extreme Blue will last well into your future career. And, if you’re looking to return to IBM as a graduate, although we cannot guarantee you a job, we’ll do everything we can to make it possible.
For more information on the Extreme Blue program:
What we do look for?
You should be studying a technical, scientific or numerical degree and have excellent analytical, problem solving and teamwork skills - along with a talent for programming. General development skills (Java, Web development, etc...) as well as big data and analytics skills are some of the most demanded skills.
Please send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: R&D-ST-Extreme Blue 2019