Lieu : Grenoble · Contrat : Stage · Rémunération : Competitive compensation. €
BH Technologies is a SME based in Grenoble – “France”, leader in smart lighting and waste management. Since well over 20-years BH Technologies provides complete solutions for local collectivities. Our logic is to develop sustainable products, with clear objectives to lower the impact on the environment, save on operating costs, while simultaneously increasing productivity & provide a superior user experience. Our product and services rely primarily on IOT (Internet of Things) technologies. Due to our constant search for innovation & perfection, we have managed to become "THE" reference as smart cities partner.
BH Technologies has been a pionner for 10 years in the world in the field of waste container filling level monitoring. We have a range of sensors relying on ultrasonic technologies which can measure very accurately the filling level of a waste container (glass, plastics, organic waste, paper and carboard, aluminium cans, etc.). These levels are then sent through IOT networks (Lora, LTE-M or NB-IOT) to servers where the data will be used to prevent overfilling and to optimize the logistics of waste collection. BH technologies has deployed over 30 000 of those sensors.
Scope of the internship:
In order to improve our user experience and in view of creating a revolutionary approach to waste management with the purpose of meeting ambitous circular economy objectives we are considering relying on image recognition in order to:
- help people doing the adequate sorting of waste at home: in which trash bin should I put a given type of waste ?
- based on the shape of a waste bag, estimate the volume of the waste;
- decide based on the snapshot of a transparent waste bag if this latter is compliant for being trashed in a given container.
We are looking for a creative young mind that, wants to help us create this revolutionary application that can identify different waste types through image recognition by bringing his expertise and skills on:
- State of the art in the field;
- Performance comparison of the different image detection algorithms and recommandations
- Coding of the algorithm and development of a mobile prototype
- Field tests management and return on experience
The trainee will be mentored by the product owner and work closely with the Technical Department of BH Technologies, a team of 12 people having competencies in firmware, hardware, electronics and web development.
Your profile :
• Good understanding of CS fundamentals, eg. data structures and algorithms
• Experience with image detection algorithms
• Knowledge and understanding of at least one native mobile language, eg. Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, Java, etc.
• Previous mobile development experience
• Experience with Augmented Reality (AR)
Based at trainees school or at Grenoble in the offices of BH Technologies. In addition to working with deeply passionate and intelligent people in a dynamic environment, we also offer a competitive compensation.
Contact : Taïsei MIURA – firstname.lastname@example.org – + 33 6 03 51 56 48