Lieu : The job is located in Paris - La Défense, with punctual travels required to visit sites or meet project stakeholders for workshop –, which usually involves some overnight stays away from home. · Contrat : Stage · Rémunération : Compensation & benefits: 1 500€ / month + 50% public transportation + access to canteen €
Algeco Group is a private-equity backed business offering turnkey solutions for modular buildings across more than 25 countries in Europe and Asia-Pacific. It has recently created a centralised data science team in Paris, to work across the organisation, focused on transformational change and improvement. This team reports directly to the COO (Chief Operations Office) and works on delivering high value projects and EBITDA improvement. Data science is a top priority area for the CEO/PE shareholders, and is fundamental to our goal of becoming a data driven organisation - where analytics underpins every decision.
The candidate will have a strong commercial analytics skillset. This will be a hands-on role, working with business counterparts from across all areas of the business, under the coaching of senior data scientist. It requires autonomy and the capacity to structure and follow a data science approach.
Candidates will be involved in projects including:
• Problem identification of high value opportunities, and designing strategic approaches for value delivery
• Research and Development
o Data acquisition and preparation of source to target data model
o Development of machine learning or analytical solution
o Pilot – Test approach on a targeted part of the business to validate assumptions and confirm size of the prize, iterating solution to optimise performance
o Rollout and tracking – Implement solution across the wider organisation, tracking project milestones/performance
• Deployment as BAU process – Develop into sustainable business as usual solution, maintaining and increasing adoption across the business.
• At minimum, a Master’s degree in a mathematical based subject from a top tier engineering school (Maths, Engineering, Computer science, Sciences or other numerate subject)
• Financial qualifications a plus, but not essential
• This is a position for a final year student, but there is no certainty for the candidate to be recruited as a junior data scientist after the internship (depends on individual & company performance)
Required experience and skills:
• Strong interpersonal skills are a necessity
• Experience conducting statistical analysis/machine learning projects in school/competition
• Ability to interpret and transfer statistical/model outputs into business relevant and actionable concepts
• Hypothesis based approach to problem solving, with the ability to adapt quickly to changing project demands
• Working knowledge in at least some of the following areas:
o Machine learning and statistics (Python/R)
o Data visualisation (Tableau, PowerBI)
o Data transformation (SQL/Alteryx)
• Hunger for continual learning and personal development
• Demonstrated highly developed team skills, working with both analytics and business counterparts
• Fluent communicator in both written and spoken English, with an engaging personality and a professional style
• French would be beneficial but not a necessity
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter at email@example.com.